Getting my shit together one step at a time. Tomorrow I’ll wake up new and busy. Busy and new. Busy doing all the things I’ve been wanting to do. New and better. Quilt cocoon.
- Whatever happens in Chemistry, happens. I’ll do all the practice problems, study as much as I can, and go see the professor (a little sucking up never hurts). If I don’t do as well in Chemistry II as I did in Chemistry I then it isn’t the end of the world and I can succeed in other areas. Just breathe and get through the exam on Friday!
- I’m going to get my Etsy shop up and running within the next few weeks. I’m going to make a clean white backdrop to use for photographing my items. I changed the name to “Gems and Journals”. New name new look!
- Went to the gym this morning and I really need to stick with it. Going to workout for at least 30 minutes every day.
- I signed up for summer and fall classes yesterday. Heavy load in the fall, because I’m really trying to graduate next year. We’ll see if I can handle it! Taking organic chemistry I and biology II lab this summer. In the fall I’ll be taking organic chemistry II, genetics, biochemistry, and advanced printmaking.
- There’s so much I want to do (and have to do) that I’m starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. I need to take it all one step at a time or I won’t complete anything. It will all fall into place if I do one thing at a time and trust my instincts.
- I should do more of what I love. I’ll find time to sew, read, craft, paint, and explore. Classes shouldn’t take over all my time or thoughts. Along those lines, I’m realizing how important it is for me to find time to relax. I’ve been getting a bit absent-minded due to having way too much on my mind. I’ll find my center again.
I have been so unmotivated when it comes to studies lately. The very last thing I want to do is study or do homework right now. So guess what? I’m not going to do any of it. I wouldn’t be able to focus anyways. I’ll get an “ehhh” grade on my quiz tomorrow and it will be okay.
This weekend will be dedicated to studying so tonight can be lazy.
I miss Cory.
I’m in need of adventure.
I feel a bit stuck.
have that feeling where I keep thinking back about something silly and probably unnoticeable by anyone else, but I’m beating myself up for it and saying “stupid silly julia, why didn’t you just stay and chit chat and smile like a normal person instead of race out of there and spill chai tea all over your hand?”
now I feel anxious and have sticky hands.
Quiet Weekend in my Hometown
Had a really lovely day. Woke up next to my handsome man, then went over to my parents for chitchats with mom and dad, which eventually led to a delicious lunch at the Yaht Club. Afterwards checked out the newly opened Salvation Army thrift store with my youngest sister where I scored so many amazing things: beer steins for Cory, vintage woven tapestry, lots of vintage scarves and a cute sailor-esque top. Lastly, Cory and I stopped by his mom’s for a bit. Now I’m cuddling and giving the sick boyfriend back rubs all night while watching Chopped.
Tomorrow is a bit more work and less play. I’m going to help my parents clean, then spend the evening studying with Cory. I’ll be studying for my first Biology exam, while he’ll be studying for the pharmacy certification exam. I also need to get my sister’s birthday gift finished. And possibly something active… Feeling a bit like Jabba the Hutt lately.
This marks the exact moment. The moment I realized I’m not happy with a few facets of my being. The moment I decided to shed those insecurities, setbacks, and flaws in order to focus on the positive. I’ve got so much time, but only if I start now.
It’s going to be hard. But I’m tired of the insanity. Nothing will change unless I change.
I feel beautiful and inspired.
Just have to…
Get through my French oral exam and then I can run errands and have a productive evening. I need to: stop by the post office, pick up varnish and fabric marker from michaels, try to sell a few used books to Books a Million, buy moving boxes, study for chemistry, vacuum, go to the gym, and try to be in bed by a reasonable hour.
I wish I had the talent of running and knitting at the same time… I could exercise and make scarves simultaneously.
I’m ready for change, improvement, growing…
Rainy night, soy candle, and reflection.
Tomorrow will be for errands, studies, and research.
I will also write a list of my goals for the summer.
Gym in the morning to start the day off right.
For now, Internet & John Green until I fall asleep.
Tomorrow’s To Do
- Wake up bright and early, shower, get pretty, make coffee
- Meet parents for apartment hunting adventure
- Finish cleaning & organizing bedroom
- Make Etsy tote bag order
- Study, read, etc.
I’m taking it easy and staying in this weekend. I have a lot to get done around the apartment. Plus I’m feeling extra hermity lately.
This evening will be dedicated to chemistry, French, and crafting. Stopping by Michaels after classes to pick up some yarn. Then I will do a bit of my online chem homework, prepare a French study guide, and lastly I will start an infinity scarf and sew a little project. If I’m feeling extra productive I’ll clean a little as well.
I feel really motivated today and the sun just came out.
- Feeling refreshed after a great vacation, but now I have to get back into study mode. Classes tomorrow and I’m pretty positive I have two exams this week. Will be spending a good amount of my time studying and sipping coffee at Atomic or Blackdog cafe.
- About to take a long hot bath then organize and unpack a bit. Must get my bearings together. Excited to go through all my New York purchases and find places for them in my apartment.
- There is something about getting away for a week that causes you to want overhaul your life upon return. I’m ready to make some healthy changes.
- I love the month of March! Birthday is coming up. I’m planning a camping adventure to celebrate.
Walked for 7 hours straight today exploring the city. Resting for a bit, then going out for food and drinks with a few of Sara’s friends later tonight. There are so many people and activities and streets and buildings. Its reminding me how big the world is and how insignificant me and my problems are. It’s an exciting and humbling experience.
Also, seeing all the bikes is inspiring me to fix up mine.
Also, went to a textile art gallery/shop that blew me away and made me even more motivated to try out weaving.
- Eat healthy, eat fresh, feel good
- Exercise every day, be active
- Hike, explore, enjoy sunlight & nature
- Sketch, paint, create
- Share, listen, be kind and understanding
- Grow hair, take vitamins, stop dyeing
- Dress well, feel beautiful
- Stay tidy and organized
- Study, go to every class, enjoy learning
- Be more adventurous, say yes
Tomorrow will be a busy day
- Chemistry lab at 11:00
- French at 2:30
- Coffee with Sara to talk about our New York trip at 3:30
- Hopefully pick up finished “paint a pot” pieces from art center
- Clean apartment
- Pack for New York trip
- Prepare letters that need to be shipped (ship them on Friday)
I’ve been staying up ridiculously late lately. Procrastination, numerous homework assignments, studying, and coffee have not been helping my sleep schedule. I must work towards fixing that…