I will not eat out for the rest of September
I will keep up with my current workout kick
I will get my bathroom organized
I will simplify, cleanse, and donate
I will continue to push myself towards my career goals
A To Do List
- Study all day (Thursday) ✓
- Take Anatomy and Physiology Practical Exam (Thursday night) ✓
- Drive Michelle to the airport at 4am (Friday morning) ✓
- Nursing advising appointment at 1:30 (Friday) ✓
- Clean apartment (Friday) ✓
- Gym with Kim (Friday) ✓
- Meet with Joy for coffee & jewelry sale (Saturday morning) ✓
- Go to the ceramic studio to practice wheel throwing (Sunday) ✓
- Anatomy and Physiology online homework (Sunday) ✓
- Study for Anatomy and Physiology lecture exam (weekend) ✓
- Buy boxes & simplify apartment (weekend) ✓
- Grocery shop (weekend) ✓
- Work on printmaking assignment (Monday)
- Make jewelry & update etsy shop (free time)
Pep Talk to Myself
Meeting with an advisor on Friday. Feeling good. Getting the ball rolling on a lot of important things. Bettering myself. Bettering my surroundings. Learning how to be centered and productive. Time to simplify. Going to get five giant boxes and fill them up with donations. Cleansing physically and emotionally. Studying for three big exams coming up. Will do well. Staying calm. I’ve got this. Woo.
Today I successfully threw a 6 inch tall and 4 inch wide cylinder on the wheel. Only 5 more to go. Wheel throwing is proving to be my hardest course this semester, including all of my nursing prereqs. But I’m happy about all of the practice and am excited for when I finally get the hang of it.
I’m in a good mood. Getting better every day.
Tomorrow I’m going to spend the day on campus, in the library, sipping coffee and getting caught up on studies. I’ll go to the printmaking studio and possibly a clay club meeting, then finish the day with anatomy lab. Then I’ll go to the gym before bed and try to fall asleep early. Lots of plans this weekend. Trying to do more and be more and make this year the year I figure out my next step.
- Be responsible & send important emails ✓
- Get coffee & run errands ✓
- Clean apartment ✓
- Do anatomy homework & study for quiz ✓
- Anatomy lab ✓
- Prepare all Etsy orders (to be shipped Friday) ✓
- Craft night with Michelle ✓
To Do (for the next few days)
- Go to classes: Wheel throwing ✓, Anatomy & physiology lecture ✓, Science of nutrition lecture ✓, Printmaking ✓, and Anatomy & physiology lab
- Prepare etsy orders & package for Andrea
- Ship the above
- Clean apartment
- Get organized for the new school year & simplify apartment, take donations to goodwill
- Email professor & call Heidi for responsible important contact stuff
- Make lots of new items for Etsy
Resolutions for the new school year
- Get all A’s or at least try my hardest to get all A’s
- Do not dye hair, let it grow long and healthy
- Stay organized, try to simplify environment
- Stay active, sign up for activities, expand skills
- Follow through with contacts, “I am worth knowing”
- Study for the GRE and start graduate school prep
adaisybug Tagged me!
rule 1: always post the rules
rule 2: answer the questions that the person who tagged you and write 11 new ones
rule 3: tag 11 people and tag them to the post
rule 4: tell them you tagged them
1. If you were to describe your clothing style, what would it be?
Artsy-fartsy, thrifty-nifty, sometimes put-together, but mostly a colorful mess
2. What’s a hobby that you love?
Crafting! I love learning new crafting skills. Recently its been ceramics and jewelry making.
3. If you were a cartoon character, and had to wear one outfit, what would it be?
I’d be Tina Belcher, we both have bad eye sight (wear glasses) and love butts.
4. What’s a song you’re currently playing nonstop?
Old Crow Medicine Show, Take me back to virginia
5. Favorite quote?
Oh my God, what if you wake up some day, and you’re 65, or 75, and you never got your memoir or novel written; or you didn’t go swimming in warm pools and oceans all those years because your thighs were jiggly and you had a nice big comfortable tummy; or you were just so strung out on perfectionism and people-pleasing that you forgot to have a big juicy creative life, of imagination and radical silliness and staring off into space like when you were a kid? It’s going to break your heart. Don’t let this happen. — Anne Lamott
6. What do you love?
Cory, my family, my kitties, and myself
7. What is your favorite time of day? Why?
Morning time, because I love sipping on coffee and thinking about all the things I’m going to do that day. I always feel optimistic in the morning.
8. What are your favorite personality traits?
Humor, humility, empathy, creativity, and determination
9. Do you cry during movies? Books?
Oh yes. I cry all the time. I cry over commercials and game shows too.
10. Do you have any tattoos? Want any?
Maybe, but I’m still not sure if my parents know about my tumblr, so I won’t be too detailed with this answer ;)
11. How many pillows do you sleep with?
I start with two, but by morning I only have one
1. If funds were unlimited and absolutely anything were possibly, what would your ideal career/living situation be in ten years?
2. Did you ever read the cartoon section in your parent’s newspaper? What was your favorite comic?
3. What is your absolute proudest/favorite thrift store purchase?
4. If you were a mutant on x-men what would your power be?
5. What is your morning ritual?
6. Do you have any strange habits?
7. What’s your favorite type of tea?
8. What’s a skill you’ve been wanting to learn?
9. Are your nails painted currently? What color?
10. What’s your favorite song to dance to?
11. What’s one of your favorite memories?
moonandtrees, foreverinasweetunrest, thisistheroom, jerrricaa, comeonbabygivemethecreeps, babyydall and anyone else that would like to answer these questions!!
Time to prepare for the weekend in Brevard and for my cruise next week! I need to: Run errands, clean entire apartment (kitchen, living room, sister’s bedroom, sister’s bathroom, my bedroom, my bathroom), do laundry (bed linens & clothes for vacation), and pack for both trips.
Went out last night and had fun and drank a little and met new friends. Just a reminder to myself that staying in my comfort zone will keep me from experiencing some really great things. I should say yes and get out of my apartment more.
Also we came in second in trivia at the bar, so there’s always that.
just some words.
coffee, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, salad, books, sunshine, studying, activity, excitement, rest, meditation, classes, friendship, letting go, confidence, lists, cats, organization, simplify, style, graduate school, growing up, and getting it together.