To Do (for the next few days)
- Go to classes: Wheel throwing ✓, Anatomy & physiology lecture ✓, Science of nutrition lecture ✓, Printmaking ✓, and Anatomy & physiology lab
- Prepare etsy orders & package for Andrea
- Ship the above
- Clean apartment
- Get organized for the new school year & simplify apartment, take donations to goodwill
- Email professor & call Heidi for responsible important contact stuff
- Make lots of new items for Etsy
Resolutions for the new school year
- Get all A’s or at least try my hardest to get all A’s
- Do not dye hair, let it grow long and healthy
- Stay organized, try to simplify environment
- Stay active, sign up for activities, expand skills
- Follow through with contacts, “I am worth knowing”
- Study for the GRE and start graduate school prep
adaisybug Tagged me!
rule 1: always post the rules
rule 2: answer the questions that the person who tagged you and write 11 new ones
rule 3: tag 11 people and tag them to the post
rule 4: tell them you tagged them
1. If you were to describe your clothing style, what would it be?
Artsy-fartsy, thrifty-nifty, sometimes put-together, but mostly a colorful mess
2. What’s a hobby that you love?
Crafting! I love learning new crafting skills. Recently its been ceramics and jewelry making.
3. If you were a cartoon character, and had to wear one outfit, what would it be?
I’d be Tina Belcher, we both have bad eye sight (wear glasses) and love butts.
4. What’s a song you’re currently playing nonstop?
Old Crow Medicine Show, Take me back to virginia
5. Favorite quote?
Oh my God, what if you wake up some day, and you’re 65, or 75, and you never got your memoir or novel written; or you didn’t go swimming in warm pools and oceans all those years because your thighs were jiggly and you had a nice big comfortable tummy; or you were just so strung out on perfectionism and people-pleasing that you forgot to have a big juicy creative life, of imagination and radical silliness and staring off into space like when you were a kid? It’s going to break your heart. Don’t let this happen. — Anne Lamott
6. What do you love?
Cory, my family, my kitties, and myself
7. What is your favorite time of day? Why?
Morning time, because I love sipping on coffee and thinking about all the things I’m going to do that day. I always feel optimistic in the morning.
8. What are your favorite personality traits?
Humor, humility, empathy, creativity, and determination
9. Do you cry during movies? Books?
Oh yes. I cry all the time. I cry over commercials and game shows too.
10. Do you have any tattoos? Want any?
Maybe, but I’m still not sure if my parents know about my tumblr, so I won’t be too detailed with this answer ;)
11. How many pillows do you sleep with?
I start with two, but by morning I only have one
1. If funds were unlimited and absolutely anything were possibly, what would your ideal career/living situation be in ten years?
2. Did you ever read the cartoon section in your parent’s newspaper? What was your favorite comic?
3. What is your absolute proudest/favorite thrift store purchase?
4. If you were a mutant on x-men what would your power be?
5. What is your morning ritual?
6. Do you have any strange habits?
7. What’s your favorite type of tea?
8. What’s a skill you’ve been wanting to learn?
9. Are your nails painted currently? What color?
10. What’s your favorite song to dance to?
11. What’s one of your favorite memories?
moonandtrees, foreverinasweetunrest, thisistheroom, jerrricaa, comeonbabygivemethecreeps, babyydall and anyone else that would like to answer these questions!!
Time to prepare for the weekend in Brevard and for my cruise next week! I need to: Run errands, clean entire apartment (kitchen, living room, sister’s bedroom, sister’s bathroom, my bedroom, my bathroom), do laundry (bed linens & clothes for vacation), and pack for both trips.
Went out last night and had fun and drank a little and met new friends. Just a reminder to myself that staying in my comfort zone will keep me from experiencing some really great things. I should say yes and get out of my apartment more.
Also we came in second in trivia at the bar, so there’s always that.
just some words.
coffee, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, salad, books, sunshine, studying, activity, excitement, rest, meditation, classes, friendship, letting go, confidence, lists, cats, organization, simplify, style, graduate school, growing up, and getting it together.
Cory and I have been dreamily looking at houses online, because we’ve come up with a three year plan that involves graduate school applications (nursing for me, pharmacy for him), graduate school, landing awesome jobs in tallahassee after graduation, and buying a little starter home on a lake.
If all goes well by the end of 2017 (or 2018 depending on the graduate school program) this will be a reality.
It feels good finally having a clear idea of what I want to do after graduation.
Fall Course Schedule
- Beginning wheel throwing
- Advanced relief print workshop
- Anatomy & physiology I
- Anatomy & physiology I lab
- Science of nutrition
- Layering necklace sets ✓
- Still life
- Tunic top
- Porcelain pendants
Busy day full of responsibility and grown-up-ness
- Deep clean & organize
- Ship etsy orders
- Run errands
- Be centered & make important plans
Card games and homemade cookies. Our kitty family. Making a mess and cleaning it up together. Almost peeing my pants from laughing so hard. Chopped marathon and simple gestures of love.
Nights like this.